Assistant Hospitality General manager
Assistant General Manager
Local Hotel seeking Assistant GM
This position is responsible for assisting the general manager with the daily operations of the hotel to maintain standards for guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction, quality assurance and asset protection while managing costs within budget.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred not required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of training criteria specific to hospitality industry and/or adult learning preferred.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, at least two hours intervals.
- Must be able to work in a sitting position for extended period of time; at least four hours.
- Must be able to reach for specific objects at short distances in local working areas.
- On occasion may be required to lift and carry heavy objects, push or pull heavy objects; kneel, bend or stoop, and ascend or descend ladders or stairs.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and in stressful situations.
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions and still provide service to internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- May require travel to various locations on business.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Logically and independently plan, organize and complete work.
- Must be able to take initiative and have well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Proficient in MSWord, MS Excel, and MS Outlook (pre-employment testing).
- Able to set and achieve high standards of performance.
- Must be able to perceive quality of work and read material.
- Must be able to conduct analysis and generate reports to reflect findings.
- Must be able to learn and maintain job duties/knowledge of basic concept and techniques and complete detailed work assignments.
- Must be able to perform the manipulation of numbers and basic math calculations.
- Must be able to perform job tasks and remain vigilant in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to prepare and deliver formal presentations before public and private concerns.
- Must be able to make progress on multiple assignments under time constraints.
- Obtain any locally required certifications.
- Support sales efforts as directed by the Regional Vice President and the corporate sales organization.
- Assist the general manager with informing the front desk staff about rate structure and know how to implement yield management policies and procedures.
- Assist with the training of the front desk staff to successfully perform all front office operations and revenue management and central reservations procedures.
- Train front desk staff to successfully perform selling techniques and procedures for current promotions.
- Achieve maximum revenue.
- Perform front desk sales representative and night auditor duties as required by staffing levels and business demand.
- Compose departmental correspondence as needed.
- Support the achievement of planned monthly IOC by managing departmental expenses within budget; explain the causes for budget variances and take corrective action to avoid future occurrences and adjust spending to eliminate variances.
- Protect the company’s financial assets by properly administering company policies and procedures for all financial transactions for assigned department(s). Also, properly administer company policies and procedures for protecting the safety of guests and employees.
- Train hotel staff to successfully perform guest service procedures in accordance with company standards (e.g., greeting, scripts, pre-assignment of rooms, etc.).
- Train hotel staff to successfully perform all functions for guest service and for handling upset guest who are dissatisfied with the products and services they received. Personally, handle difficult situations involving upset guests. Attempt to resolve all issues of poor guest service before guests leave the property.
- Personally, respond to guest complaint letters and Guest Assistance Contact Forms and comment cards in accordance with company standards.
- Manage the 100% guarantee procedures in accordance with standards, and eliminate service issues that result in repeated invocations of the guarantee.
- Receive satisfactory scores for Medallia (i.e., guest satisfaction survey) and take action to correct any deficiencies in assigned department(s).
- Recruit, select, train and manage employees to deliver guest services and quality products that will lead to achieving goals for revenue and profit.
- Properly administer Company policies and procedures for human resources management, payroll administration, personnel transactions and fair treatment of employees.
- Ensure a satisfactory guest experience and protect the company’s physical assets by maintaining the physical condition of the hotel in accordance with established quality control standards.
- Receive satisfactory scores for product quality as measured by Medallia, and take action to correct any deficiencies.
- Act as manager on duty in absence of general manager.
- Serve as acting general manager at various hotels to cover vacated positions and to relieve general managers on vacation.
- Complete assignments or special projects at various hotels as assigned by the regional vice president for the purpose of gaining additional experience in preparation for promotion to general manager.
- Assist regional vice president with the implementation of best-demonstrated hotel operations in all hotels within region to improve productivity, product quality, and guest and employee satisfaction throughout the region.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
Contact Us If Interested In Applying